As we approach the end of Fall semester, please note some small changes to CEETE’s hours.
- We are OPEN during finals week Monday, December 18 through Friday, December 22 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. as usual.
- Our office is physically CLOSED with no walk-in hours Monday, December 25 through Monday, January 1.
- However, we will monitor emails to email@example.com Tuesday, December 26 through Friday, December 29 and respond within 24 hours.
Some of our partners will also be out of the office intermittently, which may affect turnaround times for course migration requests and other project work. We will do our best to keep you apprised of delays.
Fall 2017 courses that begin migration (by request) in mid-December will likely be ready for review by January 5.
Here are some quick links for Frequently Asked Questions at this time of year:
- Do you have resources for questions about grading? Yes! In Canvas. In Moodle. And in D2L.
- What are good practices for wrapping up the semester? Think about what data you may need to save from Canvas, from Moodle, or from D2L. Consider these steps for wrapping up and rolling forward your Canvas course.
- Can I combine multiple Canvas sections into one for next semester? Yes! Contact us to tell us which section(s)’s enrollment (Course number and section number, please) you want cross-listed into the other, and allow up to 2 business days. Or use these instructions if you prefer to cross-list them yourself.
- How do I set up my course for Spring? In Canvas. In Moodle. In D2L.
- Why can’t I find my Spring course on my Canvas dashboard? You may have set Favorite courses on your dashboard. To see all courses, click Courses, then All Courses (scroll all the way down). Starred courses display on your Canvas dashboard.
- Are there workshops for Canvas in January? Yes! Check this event schedule for campus-wide training. In COE, we can meet with you for a course-specific consultation at a time that works for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 3 dates and times, Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. to schedule an appointment. We’re also happy to schedule small group, departmental, or other trainings by request.
- Are Moodle and D2L really going away at the end of Spring 2018? Yes, with few exceptions. Please make sure you have everything you need from any Moodle or D2L courses. Access to teacher materials, student work, grade book records, etc. will be removed June 1, 2018. (If you’re in the very small group of Moodle users with a course-specific extension, you will have received a message in early December.)